- Beyoncé Knowles (born September 4, 1981), is an American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, actress and model.
- Beyoncé is ranked #14 in the "100 Hottest Brunettes of AIM."
- Beyoncé was named Forbes Richest Celebrity Under 30, with a total earnings of $80 million.
- Beyoncé says that her marriage with Jay-Z isn't exactly "perfect," but adds that no marriage is perfect and they have fights like most couples do.
- According to Forbes, Beyoncé Knowles was the second highest earning musician of 2008, making eighty million dollars.
- PETA ended their "war" with Beyoncé after she stopped wearing fur, and even sent her a faux-fur throw as a wedding present.
- Beyoncé was ranked #25 in FHM Online's 100 Sexiest Women in the World of 2007.
- Beyoncé Knowles was among People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People of 2006.
- Beyoncé credits actor/rapper Will Smith for the reason she always treats fans with respect because when she met him at a soundtrack signing for the movie Men In Black, his perfect behavior really impressed her.
- Beyoncé became the face of American Express in 2007. She was chosen because the credit card company saw her as a role model and an inspiration to others, among other reasons.
- After two fans were hurt at a gig in St. Louis, Missouri in June 2007, Beyoncé Knowles rushed to the hospital to make sure they were okay.
- Beyoncé is allergic to perfume.
- Beyoncé enjoys playing board games with friends and crew members while on the road.
- Beyoncé Knowles lost over 6kg in 10 days for her role in Dreamgirls with a drastic diet which she could only drink maple syrup mixed with lemon juice and water.
- After the Spanish version of her hit song Irreplaceable became a big hit, Beyoncé decided to release a Spanish version of her album “B’Day,” even collaborating with Shakira on her song Beautiful Liar.
- In 2003, Beyoncé Knowles was the first female artist to reach the number one position on both singles and albums chart simultaneously in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Beyoncé has a younger sister Solange, who is five years her junior.
- Beyoncé's name is actually her mother's maiden name.
- In 2001, Beyoncé Knowles became the first African-American woman to win the ASCAP Songwriter of the Year award.
- Beyoncé's height is about 5'7".
- Beyoncé Knowles collects African-American art.
- Beyoncé ranked #1 on VH-1’s list of the 100 Hottest Hotties.
- Beyoncé filmed some of the parts for her video Déjà Vu in Louisiana.
- Beyoncé Knowles recorded her newest album B'Day in secret because she knew her manager father would interfere with it.
- Beyoncé's song Check On It became her third number one single.
- Beyoncé Knowles is signed with Sony Music Entertainment.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
26 interesting facts about Beyoncé Knowles