Interesting facts about mother’s day

  1. The modern version of Mother's Day in the United States, was first observed in 1907.
  2. Mothers’ day, as we are all aware of, is one of the largest card-selling holidays celebrated worldwide.
  3. 94.1 Number of births in 2006 per 1,000 women of childbearing age in Utah, which led the nation; at the other end of the spectrum was Vermont, with a rate of 52.2 births.
  4. Mother’s Day is now celebrated in many countries around the world. Australia, Mexico, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, China, Thailand, all have special celebrations to honor Mothers, but not in the same way or on the same day as the United States.
  5. 21,135 Number of florists nationwide. Their 101,861 employees will be especially busy selling bouquets for Mother's Day. The flowers you buy mom probably were grown in California or Colombia.
  6. George Washington once said, “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.”
  7. Tuesday is the most popular day of the week in which to have a baby, with an average of more than 13,169 births taking place on Tuesdays during 2005.
  8. 52 % of the words for mother in the material have ma/me/mo or na/ne/no in the root syllable poems.
  9. The number of mothers estimated in the United States in 2004 is 82.8 million.
  10. During the 1600’s, England celebrated a day called “Mothering Sunday.” Servants would go home to see their families, bringing cakes and sweets to their moms. This custom was called “going a-mothering”. Each mother would recieve a simnel-cake (Latin for “fine flour) and mother’s would give a blessing to their children.