- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actress and former Miss World.
- Aishwarya Rai practices Hinduism as her religion.
- Before starting her acting career, she worked as a model and gained fame after winning the Miss World title in 1994.
- On April 20, 2007, Aishwarya Rai married Abhishek Bachchan, a fellow Bollywood actor.
- Aishwarya’s native language is Tulu.
- During her career, Aishwarya Rai has acted in over forty movies in Hindi, English, Tamil and Bengali including the international productions Bride & Prejudice (2004), The Mistress of Spices (2005), The Last Legion (2007) and The Pink Panther 2 (2009) in English.
- The film Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya introduced Aishwarya to Bollywood.
- Aishwarya Rai is 5 foot 7 inches tall.
- Indian director Mani Rathnam's Iruvar is Aishwarya’s debut film.
- Aishwarya Rai is cited by the media as the most beautiful woman in the world.
- Aishwarya Rai can speak multiple languages including Tulu, Hindi, Tamil and English.
- Before Aishwarya Rai started her modeling career, she was on her path to become an architect.
- After a low phase in her career during 2003–2005, she appeared in the blockbuster Dhoom 2 (2006), which turned out to be her biggest Bollywood commercial success.
- Time’s Asian edition chose Aishwarya Rai as one of the 100 most influential people of Asia in 2004.
- On the year she won the Miss World title, she lost the Miss India pageant to Sushmita Sen.
- Aishwarya Rai crowned as Miss World in 1994.
- Aishwarya Rai is the first ever Indian actor/actress to be a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Aishwarya Rai facts