- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actress and former Miss World.
- Aishwarya Rai practices Hinduism as her religion.
- Before starting her acting career, she worked as a model and gained fame after winning the Miss World title in 1994.
- On April 20, 2007, Aishwarya Rai married Abhishek Bachchan, a fellow Bollywood actor.
- Aishwarya’s native language is Tulu.
- During her career, Aishwarya Rai has acted in over forty movies in Hindi, English, Tamil and Bengali including the international productions Bride & Prejudice (2004), The Mistress of Spices (2005), The Last Legion (2007) and The Pink Panther 2 (2009) in English.
- The film Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya introduced Aishwarya to Bollywood.
- Aishwarya Rai is 5 foot 7 inches tall.
- Indian director Mani Rathnam's Iruvar is Aishwarya’s debut film.
- Aishwarya Rai is cited by the media as the most beautiful woman in the world.
- Aishwarya Rai can speak multiple languages including Tulu, Hindi, Tamil and English.
- Before Aishwarya Rai started her modeling career, she was on her path to become an architect.
- After a low phase in her career during 2003–2005, she appeared in the blockbuster Dhoom 2 (2006), which turned out to be her biggest Bollywood commercial success.
- Time’s Asian edition chose Aishwarya Rai as one of the 100 most influential people of Asia in 2004.
- On the year she won the Miss World title, she lost the Miss India pageant to Sushmita Sen.
- Aishwarya Rai crowned as Miss World in 1994.
- Aishwarya Rai is the first ever Indian actor/actress to be a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
Did you know?
An acre of hemp produces more paper than an acre of trees. Paper made from hemp lasts for centuries, compared to 25-80 years for paper made from wood pulp. The US Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
1. Hinduism is a religion of 330 million gods. 2. Hindus believe that the soul can be reincarnated, undergoing a cycle of rebirth. 3....
A periscope is an optical instrument which enables a person to obtain a view otherwise impossible to see. Periscopes allow a submarine cre...
The word stomach is derived from the Latin stomachus which is derived from the Greek word stomachos, ultimately from stoma (στόμα), "mo...
What is a depressant?
A depressant is a drug that reduces the activity of various body functions. Some depressants such as anesthetics, sedatives, antiepileptics, narcotics analgesics, and some muscle relaxants, slow nervous and muscular activity by acting on the central nervous system. Tranquilizers are depressants that affect only part of the nervous system. They induce relaxation without causing total depression.