- Eva Perón was born on May 7, 1919 in Los Toldos, Argentina.
- Parents: Juan Duarte and Juana Ibarguren,
- Eva was the highest paid radio actress of Argentina.
- Eva Perón became the First lady of Argentina by the age of 27.
- Eva started her own charitable foundation in 1947.
- She is often referred by the affectionate Spanish language diminutive Evita.
- Eva underwent an emergency appendectomy in 1950.
- Eva tried to become Vice-President but was stopped by Juan Domingo Peron and the military in 1951.
- In 1952 shortly before her death from cancer at the age of 33, Eva Perón was given the official title of "Spiritual Leader of the Nation" by the Argentine Congress.
- Eva Perón died of Uterine cancer on July 26 1952.
- She died at just 33.
- Eva Perón was instrumental in bringing to "los descamisados" (shirtless ones) social services.
- She is portrayed by Faye Dunaway on Evita Peron (1981) and Madonna on Evita (1996).
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Interesting facts about Eva Perón (Evita)