Facts about singer Kylie Minogue

  • Kylie Minogue is an Australian pop singer and actress. Her youngest sister, Dannii Minogue, is also a pop singer.
  • Name at birth: Kylie Ann Minogue.
  • The word "Kylie" is Aboriginal for boomerang.
  • Kylie was born on May 28, 1968 in Melbourne, Australia.
  • Kylie achieved recognition through her role in the Australian soap opera Neighbours.
  • Minogue's first single, "Locomotion", spent 7 weeks at number one on the Australian singles chart.
  • Her Zodiac sign is Gemini.
  • Kylie Minogue Height is 5' 1" (1.51 m).
  • Minogue's Chinese zodiac sign is the Monkey.
  • Parents: Carol Ann (née Jones), a former dancer, and Ronald Charles Minogue, an accountant.
  • Her debut film was The Delinquents (1989).
  • Kylie has achieved worldwide record sales of more than 60 million.
  • Her favourite qoute is "Kiley, Kiley, Oh So Smiley!"
  • Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005.
  • She has recovered from breast cancer.
  • Minogue has her own lingerie line called "Love Kylie"
  • Kylie loves chocolate.
  • She won her first Grammy at the 2003, 46th Grammy Awards.



KYLIE MINOGUE - QUOTES

"Gay icons usually have some tragedy in their lives, but I've only had tragic haircuts and outfits."
"I do quite naughty things now. I do like to be a bit sexy."
"Having had cancer, one important thing to know is you're still the same person at the end. You're stripped down to near zero. But most people come out the other end feeling more like themselves than ever before."
"I wrote lyrics that were intensely personal to me a few years ago. Maybe people know me better now."
"I think I'm being friendly with someone and I'll sit in their lap. They think I'm flirting with them."
"I've always been a little shy about taking my clothes off, but I don't worry about it any more."