Hugh Laurie facts and trivia

  • Hugh Laurie, is an English actor best known for his role as Dr. Gregory House, the protagonist of the television medical drama House.
  • Name at birth: James Hugh Calum Laurie.
  • He has received two Golden Globe awards and several Emmy nominations for his work in House M.D.
  • As 2010, Hugh Laurie is the highest paid actor in a drama series on TV.
  • Laurie astrological sign is Gemini.
  • Hugh Laurie was born in Oxford, England on June 11, 1959.
  • His father won an Olympic gold medal in the coxless pairs (rowing) at the 1948 London Games.
  • Parents: Patricia and Ran Laurie.
  • His Chinese zodiac sign is the Boar.
  • His son Bill auditioned for a role in a Harry Potter film but was told he was too young.
  • Laurie Height: 6 feet 2.5 inches (1.89 m).
  • Although his first name is James, he has never been called that.
  • Hugh Laurie is the uncle of actress Rachel Hurd-Wood.
  • Hugh Laurie is an accomplished piano player.
  • In the 1980s Laurie shared a house in London with Stephen Fry.
  • Laurie is the great-great-nephew of George Alexander.
  • Hugh Laurie is a big fan of Steve McQueen.




HUGH LAURIE QUOTES

"I would cling to unhappiness because it was a known, familiar state. When I was happier, it was because I knew I was on my way back to misery. I've never been convinced that happiness is the object of the game. I'm wary of happiness."
"I know a lot of people think therapy is about sitting around staring at your own navel - but it's staring at your own navel with a goal. And the goal is to one day to see the world in a better way and treat your loved ones with more kindness and have more to give."
"I don't take off my helmet a lot of the time - that's one of the really good things about riding a bike. I can go all over the place and no one knows who I am."