10 quotes about loneliness

1. I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone. Audrey Hepburn

2. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Wayne Dyer

3. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. Henry David Thoreau

4. Language... has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone. Paul Tillich

5. All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone. Blaise Pascal

6. We are all sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life. Tennessee Williams

7. To live alone is the fate of all great souls. Arthur Schopenhauer

8. I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best. Frida Kahlo

9. As I get older I'm more and more comfortable being alone. Sienna Miller

10. Solitude is the profoundest fact of the human condition. Man is the only being who knows he is alone. Octavio Paz