Franz Kafka quotes

Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.

So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.

A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.

A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.

God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them.

It is often safer to be in chains than to be free.

Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.

Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.

Don Quixote's misfortune is not his imagination, but Sancho Panza.

I have the true feeling of myself only when I am unbearably unhappy.

If I shall exist eternally, how shall I exist tomorrow?