Thomas A. Edison quotes

Famous quotes from Thomas Edison

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

There is no substitute for hard work.

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.

I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun.

The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.

I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill.

To have a great idea, have a lot of them.

We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything.