1. Colombia shares its borders with Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, Peru and Panama.
2. Bogotá is the capital city of Colombia. This city remains to be the largest and the most populated city in Colombia.
3. Did you know around 12% of the world’s coffee is produced in Colombia?
4. Colombia does not have any particular seasons, which is solely due to the fact that it lies close to the equator. Colombia enjoys sunlight all through the year.
5. Bogotá, Eje cafetero, Cali, Medellín, San Andr etc., are some of the major places that are tourist attractions in Colombia.
6. Colombia is known for the diverse population seen here. This is because of the rich history, which has resulted in a mixed population since the ancient days.
7. The highest peak out here is the Pico Cristobal Colon at 19,020 feet.
8. Colombia is known for its multicultural society. One can see interesting influences of European, Native American, Middle Eastern and African cultural influences out here.
9. The name Colombia has been derived from the name of Christopher Columbus.
10. The total area of Colombia is around 440,831 square miles. This area is said to be approximately equal to the areas of Portugal, France and Spain put altogether.
Facts about tourism
Facts about airports