- Johnny Depp, along with Jude Law and Colin Farrell, replaced the late actor Heath Ledger in his last unfinished film The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus.
- Johnny Depp won his first Golden Globe for portraying the revenge seeking, throat cutting barber in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He did all his own singing in the film.
- Johnny Depp is godfather to Helena Bonham-Carter and Tim Burton's son, Billy Ray.
- Johnny Depp is the only actor to ever be nominated for an Oscar in the Leading Actor category in a Disney Film for his portrayal of Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).
- Johnny Depp took in $20,000,000 for his role in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean movies are the first time Johnny Depp has ever portrayed the same character in more than one film. Johnny modelled his character, Captain Jack Sparrow, after Keith Richards and Pepe le Peu.
- Several magazines have praised Johnny Depp for being one of the friendliest, most respectful actors in the business when it comes to signing autographs.
- Johnny Depp has appeared in seven Tim Burton films: Sleepy Hollow; Charlie & the Chocolate Factory; Edward Scissorhands; Corpse Bride; Sweeney Todd; The Demon Barber of Fleet Street; Ed Wood, and Alice in Wonderland.
- In the past, Johnny Depp has held jobs as a gas attendant, and as a pen salesman.
- When Johnny Depp was a child, he used to train lizards as pets and to do tricks.
- Johnny Depp apparently conceived his portrayal of director Edward D. Wood Jr. in Ed Wood as a cross between Ronald Reagan (the wobbly-headed thing), the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz(1939), and the voice of disc jockey Casey Kasem.
- Johnny Depp received a Star on the 'Hollywood Walk of Fame' on 19 November 1999.
- Johnny has a song written about him by the late famed schizophrenic Chicago street artist Wesley Willis.
- Johnny adopted Goldeneye, the one-eyed Andalusian horse who played Gunpowder, Ichabod Crane's steed in Sleepy Hollow, thereby saving him from the glue factory.
- When Johnny Depp was a child, he had an allergy to chocolate.
- Johnny Depp co-owns a restaurant/club in Paris called 'Man Ray' (named after avant-garde artist Man Ray) with actors Sean Penn and John Malkovich. The restaurant is located in a renovated theater and serves Tibetan cuisine.
- Johnny Depp purchased Bela Lugosi's Los Angeles home.
- Johnny was arrested in January 1999 in London when he got in a fight with paparazzi. He was also arrested one time for trashing a $1,200 dollar a night hotel in New York City.
- As of May 2007, Johnny Depp resides in both France and Los Angeles.
- Johnny Depp was close friends with Hunter S. Thompson who nicknamed him "Colonel." In Secret Window there is the book by the author on Mort's coffee table which is the very book Johnny's movie, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was based upon. Johnny has admited that he only starred in Secret Window because he always wanted to play a character named Mort.
1. Hinduism is a religion of 330 million gods. 2. Hindus believe that the soul can be reincarnated, undergoing a cycle of rebirth. 3....
The word stomach is derived from the Latin stomachus which is derived from the Greek word stomachos, ultimately from stoma (στόμα), "mo...