- It was reported by school systems that Edgar Allan Poe showed up in class drunk even during the examinations.
- Teachers in China are highly respected. They hardly ever leave the profession and are reasonably paid. Teachers in Germany enjoy the same situation. Teachers in England a poorly regarded.
- The women of Iceland earn two-thirds of their nation’s university degrees.
- In ancient Greece teachers were paid higher wages than skilled craftsman. They received gifts from citizens also. The highest paid teachers in Greece were music teachers.
- More than half of Indonesia’s primary school teachers are under 30 years of age.
- In the U.S. the percentage of teachers over 48 is rising every year. The percentage oft teachers under 35 is decreasing.
- The teachers in ancient Rome were by and large Greek teachers who were slaves.
- 21 Percentage of high school students ages 15 to 17 who are holding down a full or part-time job.
- Teachers in Taiwan enjoy higher occupational prestige and greater job satisfaction than teachers in the United States. The social status of teachers is an indication of the current importance attached to education in a country.
- Salaries for high School teachers with 15 years of experience and the minimum level of education and training required to be certified exceeded $40,000 in 1998 in Denmark, Germany, Japan, and the Netherlands and exceeded $60,000 in Switzerland. The comparable salary for the United States was $35,000.
10 interesting facts about teachers
Labels: cultural facts