- John Lennon was raised by his Aunt Mimi Smith, his mother's sister.
- The first instrument John Lennon learned to play was the harmonica.
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney first met on July 6, 1957, at the Woolton Parish Church in Liverpool.
- In 1965, John Lennon was nominated for a BAFTA Film Award (along with fellow Beatle members) in the category of Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles for his role in the 1964 film A Hard Day's Night.
- John met Yoko for the first time in October 1966, while previewing her art show.
- John stood at 5'11" or 1.80 m.
- John Lennon had a strong affection for cats, actually having owned as many as six at a time.
- On August 22, 1968 Cynthia filed for divorce from John. Paul soon wrote 'Hey Jude' to comfort Julian.
- John Lennon discovered that he had dyslexia in his later years.
- John Lennon decided that he wanted to be a 'rocker,' after hearing Elvis Presley sing "HeartBreak Hotel."
- John Lennon confesses that the lyrics for "Help" was a real cry for help from confusion.
- When Elvis and John met in 1965, Elvis was unsure of John's name, so he addressed him as "Beatle."
- The first song John Lennon wrote was titled "Hello Little Girl."
- John's son Julian's full name is John Charles Julian Lennon, now singer-song writer, Julian Lennon.
- John Lennon was given his U.S. Resident Alien registration (his "green card") on the bicentennial of the American Revolution: Sunday, July 4, 1976.
- The Liverpool Airport was renamed the John Lennon Airport after him in 2001.
- John held the now infamous "Bed-In" for a peace event with wife Yoko Ono in both Amsterdam and Toronto; thus creating his anti-war anthem, Give Peace a Chance.
- John Lennon was inducted posthumously into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Beatles on January 20, 1988.
- John added "Ono" to his name in honour of wife Yoko; he wanted to drop his middle name Winston, but couldn't under British law.
- John Lennon was cremated at a private ceremony the day after his death. The whereabouts of his ashes have never been revealed.
- The first instrument John Lennon ever learned to play as a child was the harmonica. He got his first guitar from his Aunt Mimi at age 16.
1. Hinduism is a religion of 330 million gods. 2. Hindus believe that the soul can be reincarnated, undergoing a cycle of rebirth. 3....
The word stomach is derived from the Latin stomachus which is derived from the Greek word stomachos, ultimately from stoma (στόμα), "mo...