- Dallas is the 3rd-largest city in Texas.
- The 7-Eleven chain, started in Dallas, Texas in 1922.
- Dallas has a total area of 385 sq mi (997.1 km2).
- The frozen margarita machine was invented by Dallas restauranteur Mariano Martinez in 1971.
- Fox’s “Prison Break” and CBS’ “Walker: Texas Ranger” were filmed in Dallas, Texas.
- One in eleven Dallas-area workers is employed by the hospitality industry.
- Dallas, Texas has the 9th largest population in the U.S.
- The average year-round temperature ranges from 55 °F (13 °C) to 76 °F (24.5 °C).
- Dallas, Texas is one of the 10 largest municipalities in the United States.
- Texas state is larger than Belgium, Holland, France, Luxembourg and Switzerland combined.
- The integrated circuit computer chip was invented in 1958 in Dallas.
- On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas.
What is a depressant?
A depressant is a drug that reduces the activity of various body functions. Some depressants such as anesthetics, sedatives, antiepileptics, narcotics analgesics, and some muscle relaxants, slow nervous and muscular activity by acting on the central nervous system. Tranquilizers are depressants that affect only part of the nervous system. They induce relaxation without causing total depression.