Julia Roberts facts and trivia

  • Julia Roberts is an American actress who won the Oscar for Best Actress in 2001 for her performance in Erin Brockovich.
  • Roberts was born in Atlanta, Georgia on October 28, 1967.
  • Name at birth: Julie Fiona Roberts.
  • Her astrological sign: Scorpio
  • Parents: Betty Lou (née Bredemus) and Walter Grady Roberts.
  • Julia is 5' 9" (1.75 m) tall.
  • Julia's Chinese Zodiac animal is Goat.
  • Julia Roberts had become one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood.
  • Roberts became a Hollywood star after her prominent role in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman.
  • Her brother Eric Roberts, sister Lisa Roberts Gillan and niece Emma Roberts, are also actors.
  • Julia Roberts made her first big screen appearance in the film Satisfaction, released on 1988.
  • Julia's heritage is Irish.
  • Julia was engaged to actor Kiefer Sutherland, but the wedding was called off days before it was scheduled.
  • Julie Roberts turned down the leading role in the movie Shakespeare in Love.
  • Her father died of cancer when she was only 10 years old.
  • Julia Roberts is left-handed.


JULIA ROBERTS - QUOTES

"I wouldn't do nudity in films. To act with my clothes on is a performance. To act with my clothes off is a documentary."


"I'm just an ordinary person who has an extraordinary job."


"I'm too tall to be a girl, I never had enough dresses to be a lady, I wouldn't call myself a woman. I'd say I'm somewhere between a chick and a broad."


"You can be true to the character all you want, but you've go to go home with yourself."