Nina Dobrev facts and trivia

  • Birth name: Nina Konstantinova Dobreva
  • Nina Dobrev is an actress best known for her role as Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce on the teen drama The Vampire Diaries.
  • Nina Dobrev was born on January 9, 1989 in Sofia, Bulgaria
  • Her family moved to Canada at the age of two.
  • Nina speaks fluent English, French and Bulgarian.
  • Nina studied with Armstrong Acting Studio. 
  • Nina Dobrev Height is 5' 6 (1.68 m)
  • Her astrological sign is Capricorn.
  • Nina's Chinese zodiac sign is the Dragon.
  • Nina Dobrev loves to travel.
  • Nina has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
  • Nina Dobrev enjoys playing swimming, volleyball, rock climbing, soccer, wake boarding, snowboarding, and horse back riding.
  • Her favorite movies are The Notebook, Schindler's List, Knocked Up, Juno and Transformers.
  • In 2007, Nina dated actor and Degrassi co-star Daniel Clark.


NINA DOBREV QUOTES

I film so much and I'm working so much that when I do get even a Saturday off or a Sunday off or any time off, I just literally -- I'm a hermit -- just watch movies or sleep or just hang out with my close friends and relax.
I think everyone's dream is to be an actress, but I never really thought it was going to happen. Now that it's happening, it's incredible. I do a lot of other things, too. I'm not stuck in this little world. I'm aware that we're in the middle of an economic crisis in the U.S. There's a lot going on in the world, and I'm really happy and excited about what I have and I don't take it for granted. I'm pretty lucky.
Every role is a challenge. I want to keep doing everything... I want to try to do things that aren't similar to one another.
When I have an audition I don't pick up the phone, I sit at home and I dissect the scenes to the bone. There's a lot of time and work that goes into it.