Quotes from Stephen Hawking


  1. "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
  2. "Quiet people have the loudest minds."
  3. "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. "
  4. "Life would be tragic if it weren't funny."
  5. "My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."
  6. "My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus."
  7. "It is all right to make mistakes; nothing is perfect because with perfection, we would not exist."
  8. "Not only does God play dice but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen."
  9. "To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit."
  10. "Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free."
  11. "I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space."
  12. " You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it."
  13. "Eternity is a long time, especially towards the end."