Famous quotes about abandonment

Race hate isn't human nature; race hate is the abandonment of human nature. Orson Welles

Religion is a matter of the heart. No physical inconvenience can warrant abandonment of one's own religion. Mahatma Gandhi

In virtually every Western society in the 1960s there was a moral revolution, an abandonment of its entire traditional ethic of self-restraint. Jonathan Sacks

I've overcome neglect and deprivation, abandonment and abuse. Tatum O'Neal

I come from a violent background. So I became hard. I realised that I had made myself that way to deal with a feeling of abandonment and shame. Mickey Rourke

You can't put abandonment and alienation under arrest. Carrie P. Meek

I am not so different in my history of abandonment from anyone else after all. We have all been split away from the earth, each other, ourselves. Susan Griffin

I was single for a really long time, then I realized I had abandonment issues. Then I found love online. Patti Stanger

Never self-possessed, or prudent, love is all abandonment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace comes from feelings of satisfaction when working with joy, living with hope, loving with abandonment. Arnold Hutschnecker
The condition of being forgiven is self-abandonment. The proud man prefers self-reproach, however painful -because the reproached self isn't abandoned; it remains intact. Aldous Huxley

Life, misfortunes, isolation, abandonment, poverty, are battlefields which have their heroes; obscure heroes, sometimes greater than the illustrious heroes. Victor Hugo