Quotations by Confucius

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.

Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.

Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.