Fernando Pessoa quotes

Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.

No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it.

My past is everything I failed to be.

I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist.

In order to understand, I destroyed myself.

I feel as if I'm always on the verge of waking up.

I bear the wounds of all the battles I avoided.

To have opinions is to sell out to youself. To have no opinions is to exist. To have every opinion is to be a poet.

To know nothing about yourself is to live. To know yourself badly is to think.

I'm losing my taste for everything, including even my taste for finding everything tasteless.

I wasn't meant for reality, but life came and found me.

Every gesture is a revolutionary act.

The essence of what I desire is simply this: to sleep away life.

Stones in the road? I save every single one, and one day I'll build a castle.

Wise is he who enjoys the show offered by the world.


----------------------------------------------


Great Fernando Pessoa quotes. Famous quotes by Fernando Pessoa. Best quotes from Fernando Pessoa. Quotations.