Heinrich Heine quotes

When words leave off, music begins.

I will not say that women have no character; rather, they have a new one every day.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.

Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings.

If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all.

Ask me not what I have, but what I am.

Music played at weddings always reminds me of the music played for soldiers before they go into battle.

When the heroes go off the stage, the clowns come on.

Of course God will forgive me; that's His job.



------------------------------------------------


Famous quotes by Heinrich Heine. Heinrich Heine quotes. Best quotes from Heinrich Heine. Quotations by Heine.