Humphrey Bogart quotes

Humphrey Bogart (December 25 1899 – January 14 1957) was an American actor known for his dramatic and film noir roles in early 1940s films such as Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon.


  • All you owe the public is a good performance.
  • To Frank Sinatra, as quoted in The New York Times (17 May 1994)
  • You're not a star until they can spell your name in Karachi.
  • The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
  • I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me.
  • Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.
  • I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
  • I can't say I ever loved my mother; I admired her.

---------------------------------------

Quotes by Humphrey Bogart. Humphrey Bogart quotations.