Thomas Jefferson quotes

  • When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
  • My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
  • The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.
  • The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
  • Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
  • Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
  • No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.
  • I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
  • Never spend your money before you have earned it.
  • Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.
  • If God is just, I tremble for my country.

----------------------------------------


Thomas Jefferson quotes. Great quotes by Thomas Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson quotations.