Interesting facts about Janet Jackson

  • Janet Jackson is an American recording artist and actress.
  • Janet was born in Gary, Indiana on May 16, 1966.
  • Birth name: Janet Damita Jo Jackson.
  • Janet attended Lanai Road School.
  • Janet's astrological sign is Taurus.
  • Janet Jackson's height is 5' 4" (1.63 m)
  • Parents: Katherine Esther and Joseph (Joe) Walter Jackson.
  • She is the youngest of ten children of Katherine and Joe Jackson.
  • The 'Jo' in Janet's middle name is derived from her father's name, Joe Jackson.
  • Janet Jackson is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music.
  • Janet used to want to be a jockey when she was a little child. 
  • Janet is sister of Michael Jackson.
  • Janet has sold over 100 million records worldwide.
  • Janet Jackson used to want to be a jockey when she was a little child.
  • With her 1986 song "When I Think of You", Janet and her brother, Michael Jackson, became the first siblings in the rock era to have #1 songs as soloists. 
  • Nickname: "Dunk."
  • Her favorite singers are Ella Fitzgerald and Marvin Gaye.


JANET JACKSON - QUOTES

"My first crush was Barry Manilow. He performed on TV and I taped it. When no one was around I'd kiss the screen."

"I'm just trying to get used to living on a fixed income. Now, it's going to get unfixed."

"I used to hurt so badly that I'd ask God why, what have I done to deserve any of this? I feel now He was preparing me for this, for the future. That's the way I see it."

"It is my belief that we all have the need to feel special. It is this need that can bring out the best in us, yet the worst in us."

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."