Some facts about Frank Sinatra

  • Frank Sinatra is one of the most highly acclaimed male popular song vocalists of all time.
  • Birth name: Francis Albert Sinatra.
  • Frank won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in From Here to Eternity.
  • Sinatra is thought by many to be the finest American popular singer of our time. 
  • Inspired the Johnny Fontaine character in the Academy Award wining film The Godfather (1972). 
  • He was born in Hoboken, New Jersey on December 12, 1915.
  • Sinatra's astrological sign: Sagittarius.
  • Parents: Natalie Della Garaventa and Antonino Martino Sinatra.
  • Sinatra Height — 5' 7" (1.70 m)
  • In 1997, Frank Sinatra received the Congressional Gold Medal, the Congress's highest civilian award.
  • Frank was raised Catholic.
  • When Bela Lugosi died virtually penniless, Sinatra quietly paid for his funeral.
  • Sinatra's Chinese zodiac sign is the Rabbit.
  • Sinatra owned an extensive collection of electric toy trains.
  • In 1980, Sinatra was inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame.
  • Many critics place him alongside artists such as Bing Crosby, The Beatles and Michael Jackson as one of the most important popular and influential music figures of the Twentieth century.
  • Sinatra was the godfather of actress Linda Thorson's son Trevor.
  • Frank has sold over 250 million records worldwide. 
  • Sinatra died on May 14, 1998.
  • The epitaph on his tombstone is the title of the last song that he ever sang in public : THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
  • Father of Nancy Sinatra, Tina Sinatra, and Frank Sinatra Jr..




FRANK SINATRA - QUOTES

"If you possess something but you can't give it away, then you don't possess it... it possesses you."


"Whatever else has been said about me personally is unimportant. When I sing, I believe. I'm honest."


"I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living his life, and who had good friends, a fine family. I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually."


"What I do with my life is of my own doing. I live it the best way I can."


"You can be the most artistically perfect performer in the world, but an audience is like a broad — if you're indifferent, Endsville."