Facts about singer Britney Spears

  • Britney Spears is an American pop singer and entertainer.
  • Name at birth: Britney Jean Spears.
  • Britney's nicknames are Pinky and Brit.
  • Many fans call her "Queen B".
  • Britney's astrological sign is Sagittarius.
  • She was born in McComb, Mississippi on December 2, 1981.
  • Britney Spears was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana.
  • Britney Spears is 5' 4" (1.63 m) tall.
  • Britney's Chinese zodiac sign is the Rooster.
  • She is the daughter of Lynne Irene and James Parnell Spears.
  • Her siblings are Bryan James and Jamie Lynn Spears.
  • Britney has sold over 100 million records worldwide.
  • Britney is the best-selling female artist of the first decade of the 21st century.
  • Her favorite song is "Toxic".
  • Spears' Toxic won a Grammy for Best Dance Recording.
  • She posed for Rolling Stone in April 1999.
  • In February 2007, Spears made headlines when she shaved off her hair.
  • She has published 4 books.
  • Britney auditioned for The New Mickey Mouse Club at age 8.
  • She lists Madonna and Mariah Carey as her idols.
  • Britney and Madonna are Kabbalah believers.
  • Shares her birthday (December 2) with Gianni Versace, Nelly Furtado and Lucy Liu.




BRITNEY SPEARS QUOTES

"I want to wait to have sex until I'm married."
"Don't treat me like a little girl."
"Every night, I have to read a book, so that my mind will stop thinking about things that I stress about."
"I don't want to pierce anything. I think it's outdated. Belly rings and all are, like, old."
"I like meeting all my fans and signing autographs, although it can all get a bit crazy. Yesterday, for example, a boy just came over and planted a big kiss on my face! I was like, 'Hello?'"
"I want to be an artist that everyone can relate to, that's young, happy and fun."