Quotations on advice

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. Socrates

The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. Oscar Wilde

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it. Benjamin Franklin

Most people who ask for advice from others have already resolved to act as it pleases them. Khalil Gibran

Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway. Warren Buffett

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. Marcus Tullius Cicero

I haven't been faithful to my own advice in the past. I will in the future. Billy Graham

Whatever advice you give, be short. Horace

No one wants advice - only corroboration. John Steinbeck

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example. Francois de La Rochefoucauld

To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it. Wilson Mizner

It is easy when we are in prosperity to give advice to the afflicted. Aeschylus

Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties. Aesop

I never take advice from anyone more messed up than I am. Tom Hopkins

The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading. David Bailey