Quotes about Alcoholism

“But I'm not a saint yet. I'm an alcoholic. I'm a drug addict. I'm homosexual. I'm a genius.”
― Truman Capote, Music for Chameleons

“Some things just couldn't be protectd from storms. Some things simply needed to be broken off...Once old thing were broken off, amazingly beautiful thing could grow in their place.”
― Denise Hildreth Jones

“I’m such an alcoholic that I go to church just for communion.”
― Jarod Kintz

“A man who drinks too much on occasion is still the same man as he was sober. An alcoholic, a real alcoholic, is not the same man at all. You can't predict anything about him for sure except that he will be someone you never met before.”
― Raymond Chandler, The Long Goodbye

“This is a good place," he said.
"There's a lot of liquor," I agreed.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“There's not alcoholic in the world who wants to be told what to do. Alcoholics are sometimes described as egomaniacs with inferiority complexes. Or, to be cruder, a piece of shit that the universe revolves around.”
― Anthony Kiedis, Scar Tissue

“Mendacity is a system that we live in," declares Brick. "Liquor is one way out an'death's the other.”
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

“When you quit drinking you stop waiting.”
― Caroline Knapp, Drinking: A Love Story

“One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a fuckin’ eternity”
― Roddy Doyle, Paula Spencer

“The worst disease which can afflict executives in their work is not, as popularly supposed, alcoholism; it's egotism.”
― Robert Frost

“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs, Dry