- Shakira is a famous Colombian singer.
- Birth name: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
- Her nickname is Shaki.
- She speaks Spanish, English and Portuguese as well as some French, Italian and Arabic.
- She was born in Barranquilla, Colombia on February 12, 1977.
- Parents: Nidia Ripoll and William Mebarak Chadid.
- Shakira is of Lebanese, Catalan and Italian descent.
- Shakira reportedly has an IQ of 140.
- Shakira has won 2 Grammy Awards, 7 Latin Grammy Awards, and 12 Billboard Latin Music Awards.
- Wrote her first song at 8 years old.
- Her astrological sign is Aquarius.
- Shakira lists John Lennon as her #1 musical influence.
- Shakira has sold over 60 million albums worldwide.
- She is 5' 2" (1.57 m) tall.
- Her Chinese zodiac sign is the Dragon.
- She is the youngest of eight siblings.
- Her album sales in the U.S. stand at 9.6 million.
- Favorite actor: Hugh Grant.
- Shakira means in Hindi, Goddess Of Light and in Arabic, Woman Full Of Grace.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Some facts about Shakira